The Seattle Recorder Society is a small nonprofit organized to cultivate, foster, sponsor and develop love and appreciation of the art, history, literature and uses of the recorder and related musical instruments by:
- Providing opportunities for members and guests to play together on recorder and related instruments, and to interact with others with similar interests;
- Raising the level of proficiency in the performance and use of the recorder and related musical instruments;
- Keeping recorder players and friends of the recorder movement informed on activities in this field;
- Promoting and encouraging the use of recorders and related instruments among amateurs and professionals; and
- Sponsoring musical events such as concerts and workshops.
We are recognized as a nonprofit organization by the Internal Revenue Service. Our Tax ID number is 91-1043714.
We are committed to compensating our Music Director and guest conductors fairly. The activities of the society are otherwise managed by volunteers. We do not maintain an office or a dedicated phone line. The best way to contact us is to use the contact form below. There is generally time at meetings for socializing as well, so this is a good way to get to know other recorder players and ask questions.
Peter Seibert, Music Director Emeritus, has delved into the records of SRS’s early history and has compiled an account of early recorder players in Seattle, and how the renaissance of recorder music here contributed to the overall interest in early music, eventually leading to the creation of the Early Music Guild of Seattle, now called Early Music Seattle. Peter’s history is available here: Origins of Recorder Music in Seattle
Seattle Recorder Society Board
Music Director Emeritus
Member at Large
Email links are provided above to facilitate communications with the most frequently contacted officers. To contact other board members listed above please use the contact information provided in the Membership Roster. Or use the Contact Us form at left and the appropriate person will respond to your inquiry.